BOOK ON A COURSE TODAY:
*if there are no dates below, then please contact us for future courses. Thank you
Swimming Lessons Level 3
1. Without goggles, jump into the water (minimum depth 1.0m). Fully submerge to collect an object from the pool floor and exit the water without using the steps.
2. Push from the wall on the front in a streamlined position, hold position for 5 seconds, perform a longitudinal rotation onto the back and hold this position for 5 seconds.
3. Swim 10 metres Frontcrawl with a continuous over water arm action and breathing to the side
4. Swim 10 metres Backstroke with a continuous over water arm action
5. Swim 5 metres Breaststroke
6. Swim 5 metres Butterfly
7. Perform a push and glide from the wall on the front, swim 5m, tuck and rotate onto the back and swim to the wall.
8. Demonstrate a feet first sculling action on the back for 5 metres in a horizontal position with aids if needed.
9. Tread water for 15 seconds
10. Answer correctly 4 questions on the Safe Code
Lessons are sold in blocks and need to be pre-purchased.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If your child is nervous about learning to swim, then we offer confidence building classes (Splash & Play) where parent/guardian will join us in the pool. It is the perfect way to start. If mum/dad/grandmother/granddad doesn’t swim then 1:1 lessons are recommended until a basic level of water confidence is reached.
Just swimsuit and towel. Goggles are optional, and we provide all equipment including buoyancy aids for all swimmers.
Inform reception you are here for your lesson with Swim Champs, they will buzz you through to changing areas. Change and proceed to poolside where our team with meet you, introduce themselves, call registers and then start lessons. If there is a lesson being taught, please wait patiently to one side until one of the instructors comes over. Thank you
There is no spectating on poolside, but every venue has a designated waiting area for parents to sit and chill- often with a tv screen showing the lessons. Parents are not permitted to leave the site during lesson time.
All our swimming teachers are fully qualified instructors holding ASA qualifications and DBS checks. Staff are also regularly trained by Swim Champs to deliver our own unique methods of delivery
Every child is an individual. Regular visits to the pool and consistency in attending lessons all help
Our weekly lessons run parallel to school terms- usually consisting of 7/8 weeks
We run intensive crash courses during school holidays. Here swimmers come in Monday-Friday for additional lessons (also for longer durations) to continue their learning pathway.
Swimmers will undergo a formal assessment at the end of each course of lessons, and parents will be informed via a slip of paper as to whether swimmers have achieved all learning outcomes therefore passing their current level and moving up to the next class, or needing to repeat a course until outcomes are achieved
Yes- these will all be awarded at the end of each course. All swimmers swimming correct strokes unaided will complete a distance swim and offered a reward. All badges and certificates can be purchased poolside from teachers at a price of £4 per set